Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Jungle Floor

Ok, so back when Aiden was in the womb and I was running around trying to get his nursery put together I decided that it would be the GREATEST THING EVER to have a shag rug. I wanted to do this because his nursery looks like the jungle so I thought that a green shag rug could look like a grassy floor and that it would complete the look.

I searched and searched and finally found one at Penney's that I really liked. When it came in I unrolled it and LOVED the way it looked....exactly like grass! Well, little did I know that with good looks came an annoying shedding habit. OMG..this things sheds worse than a siberian husky in the desert. I have little green puffs of carpet all over the nursery room and when Kinsey comes into roll around, they get stuck to his paws and entire body for that matter and then he carries them all over the house. IT'S VERY ANNOYING.

Any way, I have managed to stay on top of keeping most of the green fuzz up, but it seems that recently Aiden has found out the rugs little secret as well. Now that he's mobile, we play in his room for a little while before bed time and as he was walking across the room last night, he noticed a piece of fuzz that had attached itself to his pajamas. Being the smart cookie that he is, he realized where the fuzz had come from and preceeded to start pulling more fuzz out of the carpet (I really don't know how there is still a rug left... that's how much this thing sheds). After asking him about 10 times to stop pulling on the rug, I decided that it was bed time. Down he went.

I guess I'm going to have to pull the rug up until he's bigger. That way when he can realize and enjoy the fact that mommy got him what looks like a grassy floor for his jungle room, there will still be a rug left!

Here are some pics of the nursery before Aiden arrived. I have done a pretty good job at keeping it this way since! Can you see the awesome rug?



1 comment:

katie k-h said...

i love the jungle floor, noelle! i'm too ocd, though, i think i'd have to pull it up or vacuum everyday! lol. aiden is sooo cute! hope your holidays were great. you're looking so skinny, by the way! and he isn't even a year, yet. : )