Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our First Vacation

Wow, it's been a while since I posted and I have SO much to talk about. Last week Luke and I took Aiden to Myrtle Beach for our first family vacation. It was definitely interesting. We left Monday in the middle of the night and drove straight there, with a few stops in between. Aiden did great in the car on the way there and on the way back. We got down early Monday morning and hung out, did some shopping and grabbed some dinner. Then, Tuesday and Wednesday we headed down to the beach. Luckily for us, Luke's mom came too so we were able to get away and do some swimming while Robyn hung out in the beach cabana with the babe!

The last day we were there we headed down to do some shopping and had my first 'stranger wanting to hold the baby' encounter. We went into one of the stores and the girl working behind the counter was all over Aiden. I always said that I wouldn't let some stranger hold my baby, but when you are faced with the question, it's kind of hard to say no without being rude (especially for me, because I tend to sound rude often, even when I'm not trying to be). So, in spite of all my former reservations, I said yes. She held him for about 5 mintues..and then as nicely as I could I informed her that it was time to go. UGG...as soon as I got around the corner I took out the wipes and gave him a small bath in his stroller. It took everything in me not to take him into the bathroom and hose him down. Oh well, it's over now and I think next time I will have to really say no...as nicely as I can!

We headed home on Friday and overall I have to say it was a success. Next year, Aiden will be walking and it should be much more fun!!

FYI: Aiden is now smacking his lips, and screeching..I think he likes to hear himself a little too much. He is also eating cereal and sleeping in his own room (WHEW....I told you alot has happened lately).

No comments: