Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Aiden Monster

Wowsers...now that I'm home with Aiden I get so see how much he changes from day to day. I also get a hand full of his monsterness (I know that's now a word but for today it is) too. He's really testing my boundaries with everything. Any time I take something away from him, he throws a fit...flopping himself onto the ground and flailing his extremites about.

I am trying the 1-2-3 method with him. It seems to be working. I'll keep you posted on how it's going!

OH..and it seems as though he's beginning to regress with sleeping. Things were going so well for so long and now he's waking up at 3am and WON'T GO BACK TO SLEEP. What....what....what? Maybe he's growing...by his eating habits you would think so :)

We are also trying to get rid of the pacifier. Now I know why they say to not introduce it in the first place..if only I had listened. He's using it only at sleep time but if he spots it (which he can usually do from across the planet) that's when all heck breaks lose. I have to try to discract him but 9 out of 10 times it doesn't work.

Ah, the life of a toddler...

2 comments:

katie k-h said...

Aiden is just too cute, Noelle!! It is so much fun being home, isn't it? I'm dreading going back in August, but at least they will be in fantastic hands. ; )

Anonymous said...

To get him to let go of the passi try getting him to throw it away himself if he understand the garbage concept yet.

Or to get him to give it to a younger child who
"needs" it if he shares well

Introduce another type of comfort object to replace it too.

It will be awful the first few days but if you can tough it out it will be worth it.

Good luck!