Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our Beautiful Two Year Old

Aiden is two. I know, I can't believe it either!

The great "Blizzard of 2010" put a bit of a damper on our party plans for Saturday, however the most important people were all here to celebrate (mommy, daddy, and Kenzie)! I didn't order a cake (thank goodness) because of the possibility of snow. When we woke up on Saturday I cooked a wonderful breakfast and decided I would bake a cake for later. After scouring the pantry for a box of cake mix I discovered that I was without. All I had was a box of spice cake mix. UM, I think not!

I decided that I would attempt to make a cake from scratch. A chocolate cake at that! I had everything I needed so when Aiden went down for his nap I set out on my mission. The cake batter looked great and I even made Luke try some. He informed me that I was good so in the oven it went. Surprisingly, it turned out OK. My penmanship when using icing isn't the greatest but Aiden didn't seem to care!
Once Aiden woke up we had a few of the neighbors over and enjoyed a yummy piece of chocolate cake. Aiden even blew out both of his candles all by himself!

My baby is growing up. It makes momma sad.
Aiden enjoying his cake. I had minimal to work with in the way of writing as you can see! It was yummy though!

1 comment:

ROBYN said...

You did a great job! Baking it yourself makes it even more special.