Monday, February 1, 2010

New Daycare Adventure

Today was Aiden's first day at the new daycare. This woman is wonderful and I think Aiden's time here will be very good for him! He's been home with me for almost a whole year now and I think it's about time he get some good old fashioned structure in his life.

(I hate to admit that working from home doesn't exactly allow me to give Aiden the best structured day)

So, drop off today went better than expected. He only cried for a second before I left. I thought about him all day, wondering how he was doing, but knowing he was fine. I daydreamed about how it would play out when I picked him up. I imagined that I would walk in and he would yell "mommy" and run up to me. That's not exactly how it happened.

First, when I walked in I turned the corner, Aiden looked up briefly and then resumed his play on the floor. No biggie right?? Well then I noticed something very blue around his mouth. It seems that he tricked his caregiver into giving him his paci all day. I feel bad because I think my reaction was a bit much and she felt very guilty for having given it to him, but I simply explained that he only gets it at sleep time. My fault..I should have been clear about that up front.

Little bugger...tricky one, he is!

Needless to say, I didn't get the big exaggerated welcome I was hoping for, but it was still wonderful to see him at the end of the day! Apparently he did great and aside from the paci fit, he didn't cry a bit all day!

Hopefully tomorrow is much better!

No comments: