Saturday, March 6, 2010

Physician Frustration

AARRRGG! That's really all I have to say. This pregnany has been a roller coaster of ups and downs and it's still realtively far from being over. I'm having some major issues with my doctor.



For those of you who don't know, I've been diagnosed with a weak or short cervix, which makes keeping a baby in, a bit of a challenge. No one knows if I had this condition when I was pregnant with Aiden and there is really no way of knowing. SO...this go round we've been taking precautions and I have been to the doctor EVERY week since week 23 (I'm 31 now). This whole time I have been optimistic about the situation, partly because I feel great and partly because that's how I'm trying to live/look at life these days. BUT, I'll tell you, my doctor is making it very difficult for me to remain that way. I know she is a professional and she deals with this sort of thing all the time, however when you are dealing with someone else's life, don't be wishy washy. Tell it how it is!



For example, three weeks ago I went in for a visit and the first things she says after reviewing my charts is, "Good job, things look stable.". At the end of this SAME VISIT I believe her words were, "things look a little weaker". I felt like saying "THAT'S IT?? That's all you have to say?"



For three weeks I have got a "good job, things are stable" and then all of sudden last week I got "well there's not much of a cervix to talk about Noelle". Again, that was it. No metion of bed rest, no mention of anything else. You'd think if things looked that bad, they would have me off my feet all day, but nope..not the case. I'm just very confused and think that maybe it's time for a second oppinion. I do have 9 more weeks to go and I can't spend all that time worrying about what will happen.

I'm frustrated....just plain frustrated!

No comments: