Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Am I Being Selfish?

Life has been hectic for my Luke and I since we had Avery. With the business taking off in the last year and Luke working like crazy too we've just been stretched so thin.

I was just recently given an amazing opportunity to go to Key West with some friends for a relaxing week in the sun this fall. Luke and I think it will be the perfect opportunity to get away and have decided to go (from Sunday to Friday). The only issue that exists now is whether or not to take the baby. She'll be 5 months old by then. I didn't leave Aiden until he was well over a year old, but I've done a lot of things differently with the second.

My MIL would be keeping Avery (and Aiden) if we leave her here and she watches her full time now, so Avery's very used to her. I could take Avery with us, but that's a ton of extra stuff to bring and I feel like I need this time to get a way, rejuvinate and come home with a fresh mind/soul.

Am I being selfish? I think I'll be fine once I'm there and relaxing but I can't help but feel a little guilty for leaving her so early. With Aiden it's a little easier (although I will miss him terribly too)!

On the flip side, it will be hard to pump for a whole week and then travel home with a ton of milk (but will it be that hard)??

UGGG, what to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote rejuvinate , let grandma take care of the baby, it's about you and luke taking i well needed break