Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mount Staircase

Now that Aiden is more mobile, he has been exploring other parts of the house. The other evening he and I were hanging out in the front room and I turned away for a second and in that time he had managed to find the stairs (SIGH). I decided that, instead of running over to him like a maniac, I would just observe. He looked up the long staircase then glanced back at me with this "I know I'm not supposed to do this but I'm going to anyway" look and began the treck up the stairs. I thought to myself..let's see how this goes. I got right behind him and away he went. When we reached the halfway mark he seemed a little pooped out. He tried to turn himself around but I insisted that since he was so determinded to start, he would have to finish. He continued on until he reached the top and plopped down on the ground. He looked up at me with a very accomplished (and tired) look on his face.

As happy as I am that he's becoming this independant little man, I think for now, we'll just keep the baby gate up :)

No comments: