Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why won't he just sleep??

Aiden is now almost 11 months old. He doesn't need to eat in the middle of the night and should be sleeping straight through until the morning, but that doesn't seem to be the case. On and off now for the past month or so he has been waking up at random times throughout the night. I have tried to let him cry it out on several occasions but he will sit in there FOREVER and cry (of scream). A few times I have gone in and picked him up (I know..that's bad) and rocked him to sleep but when I go to put him back in the crib, his eyes spring oven and the whaling begins again.

Last night was the worst. It was two thirty when I rolled over and looked at the clock. I decided that going in there was NOT what I needed to do so I let the crying go on. AN HOUR LATER, he was still crying and the only thing that would stop him was to nurse. He's at that age (and has been for some time now) where he doesn't need to eat at night but it's the only thing that will quiet him and I can't be up all hours of the night listening to him scream his little lungs out. I just don't know what to do at this point. Part of me wants to just let him cry, turn on the radio to drown out the noise and go back to sleep. Part of me thinks he will grow out of this. I guess only time will tell...in the meantime I will do whatever it takes for momma and baby to get as much rest as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried turning on quiet music for him in his room and just letting it play all night. That might help.