Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spaghetti Feast (or as I like to call it...Fiasco)

Dinners are interesting in the Callas household. It's all about timing, getting things done in such a way that everyone can eat together. It rarely happens like this because Aiden is particularly impatient when it comes to dinner but last week, since Luke was working nights, I was been able to sit down and enjoy dinner with Aiden. This is mostly due to the fact that I cook dinner the night before, that way all Luke has to do is warm it up the next night, and we will usually eat the same thing.

Monday night I cooked spaghetti w/ meatballs so that we could eat it for dinner on Tuesday. I know Aiden likes spaghetti, but I was unsure about the meatballs. I have offered meat to him on several occasions and he usually spits it out. I prepared his dish, sat it on his tray (BTW, we have gotten rid of his big high chair and now he's sitting in a portable booster-like seat) and that's when the chaos began.

You would have thought that this child hadn't eaten in days. He just started shoving noodles and peas and meatballs into his mouth like a wild child. Sauce went flying...most of it ended up on his face, and the floor of course. It was really quite a sight. I am just delighted that his appetite is so healthy!

Unfortunatley, it makes for a long clean up...but TOTALLY worth it!




No comments: