Thursday, January 28, 2010

Since when....

did our two year old care what he wore for the day???

Yesterday morning I went in to find Aiden wide awake with blankets and stuffed animals tossed about his room (very typical these days) and we began our AM ritual. Sometimes I leave him in his jammies but today I decided to get him dressed. As I began to pull clothes from his closet I turned and noticed he was watching me very closely, which was new. Usually he runs around his room and plays.

I threw some clothes in a pile on the floor along with a new diaper and asked him to get undressed. He managed to only get his pants off so I decided to speed up the process and help things along. As I began to put his a clean shirt on he started screaming. NOOOOO and then said something that sounded like "ackt".

(Hmmm...another one of these impossible moments where he's telling me what he wants and I'm not understanding).

I asked him what he wanted and told him to go into the closet and show me. In we went and he pointed right to what he wanted. This orange and blue (YEAH SU!) Nike wind breaker jacket. That's what he was saying! JACKET! I just began to laugh because for the first time EVER he was telling me what to dress him in.

I still don't know why he chose this particual item. The only thing I can think of is that his pants were sort of wind breaker-ish so it made him want the jacket????

Still...so funny. I fear this is become a common occurance in the Callas household.

No comments: