Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Saving the World one bottle at a time!

I have always been one to care about our environment, but lately I have been on one HUGE recycling kick. I set up a recycling program at home (hehe…Luke hates it) and I have even taken it upon myself to collect and deliver all recyclable items at work to our local center. Unfortunately our local trash collection doesn't do it where we live but it's even crossed my mind to try to get a program up and running there too. I even went as far as to say that I would take some time on the weekend to drive around and collect trash from the side of the road for recycling (which in turn got me one ugly/confused stare from my husband). I know it's a little extreme, but it REALLY BOTHERS me to see people throw away things that can be recycled. I'm doing my part...and I guess that's all I can do for now.
If you wanna join my crusade check out the Virginia Recycling Association.

HAPPY RECYCLING!

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

I completely agree. We have just started to use canvas grocery bags and I LOVE them! It's unbelievable how much we waste on a daily basis. Best wishes to you on your crusade, it's a good one! : )