Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Cheerios Book

Have you seen these books? They are really quite AWESOME. On each page there are items missing and your child can fill in the missing items with cheerios. For example...on the first page, similar to the cover, there are several cars and one of the cars is missing it's tires. You fill in the tires w/ the cheerios. It teaches sensory, fine motor, cognitive, and verbal skills, plus.

Plus it's a FUN and YUMMY time!

I originally bought this book for Aiden as a birthday present but being the forgetful mommy that I can sometimes be I totally forgot to give it to him. Yesterday, while cleaning out his closet, I found it and gave it to him. Once he spotted it his eyes lit up. As he turned the pages be would try to pull the picture of the cheerios on page. Frustration set in quickly as he continued to fail over and over again. I decided it best if I just give him his own real cheerios.

From that point on he sat on the ground, happy with his handful of cheerios and his cheerios book!