Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baa - Bules

Aiden has a few words in his vocabulary...the usual, mama, daddy (sounds more like yaddy), mac (for Mackenzie) but I've been waiting to hear a different word for weeks now. We work with our picture book everyday, looking at fruits and animals, but I get nothing, which is totally fine ;)

Two days ago when he woke up from nap I could smell the nastiness coming from his diaper and I said UH OH. Seconds later I heard a little faint UH OH come from Aiden. I jumped up and down with joy. I thought it was the greatest thing I had EVER heard....that is until yesterday!!

After his morning nap yesterday (yes, it seems that he's has readjusted himself to two naps again) we came downstairs to play and he spotted the large ziploc bag that holds all of his bubble supplies. Without hesitation he looks at me, points to the bag and says.....BAA BULES. I just kind of stared at him, asking myself if I had heard what I thought I heard. I said bubbles to him and he said it again. THIS was the greatest thing I had heard ever!!! It's crazy how much he's changing everyday.

I know I've said it before, but I am blessed to be able to be with him and witness these amazing changes!

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

So sweet, Noelle!! Any day the words are going to start flowing out like water from a faucet!! : ) We were sorry to have missed swimming with you this week. : ( Let's get together sometime soon, though...a picnic or a run with the babies or just a play date! Can't wait to see you Sun!