Friday, May 29, 2009

An Old Friend

I love having so many friends. It's really a blessing, because most people go through thier entire life with only a few, so to have so many makes me a VERY lucky girl. What's just as great, as having so many friends, is running into old friends and catching up!!

About a year and a half ago Luke and I were out shopping and we ran into an old neighborhood friend of mine. I hadn't seen her in ages so we stood there chatting away for what seemed like forever. We exchanged numbers and that was that. Then, about a month ago, Luke and I were talking and somehow that "run-in" came into the conversation. It's funny how things work because about a week later, this friend called me. I have to admit, I'm not the best at calling people- all of my friends can attest to that, so it was great that she took the initative to call ME!

We made plans to get together and yesterday Aiden and I ventured over there. We had a wondeful afternooon. She has two beautiful children and Aiden had a blast with them. It was SO GREAT to catch up and hear about her family and what she's been up to over the last several years.


"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be."



Aiden with his new friends, Sam and Leah

No comments: