Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Great Escape

Aiden and go for a run/walk almost every morning and sometimes I can bring the crazy mutt of a dog we call Mackenzie and SOMETIMES I CAN'T (or just don't want to). Today was one of those mornings. I hadn't had the chance to get out with Aiden all week because of the holiday and then the rain so I really wanted to go out, just the two of us.

Well Mackenzie decided that he was having none of that. As soon as I opened the door he dashed out before I could catch him and off he went.

Really...really dog, you are going to do this to me NOW?
NOW...when I'm the only one home and I can't sprint after you because I have Aiden in tow.

Luckily my wonderful neighbor, Sandy, was home so I had her watch Aiden while I chased after the white mess (I really do love him).
I finally spotted him across the neighborhood trying to start a fight with the biggest German Shepherd I have ever seen (Mac would have gotten his doggy butt kicked). I approached them fearfully, appologized to the GS's owner and scooped Mac up. On our walk home I disciplined him as best I could, threw him inside and resumed my walk with Aiden.
Despite the escapte attempt of our wonderful poochie, I've gotta say it was a wonderul walk!!

I can just imagine what he's thinking right now...hehe

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

LOL! Sounds like the escapades with my annoying dog!! Jealous of your running today, by the way... ;) It was so good to see you on Sunday. Let's plan something soon!!