Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The TV Monster that I've Created!

I always said that I would be one of those mom's who wouldn't let my child watch a ton of television. I feel extremely guilty saying this, but I think I have failed. With me starting a new business and being home so much with Aiden, I find myself using the television to get work done.

First it was Yo Gabba Gabba. He wanted to watch it every morning when he woke up which I thought wasn't too bad, so I let him. It progressed from there. Every minute of the day when he realizes that he's bored, he brings me the remote chanting "babba babba....babba babba".

Over the last week he has changed his television preference from Gabba to Yogi Bear. Back before we went to Jellystone I recorded an episode for Aiden to watch so he would know who Yogi was. One day last week we put Yogi on instead of Gabba and now all we hear is "gogi.......gogi" with remote in hand.

I have decided to put my foot down. Aiden is now back in daycare two days a week (which I'm sure isn't helping me AT ALL) but Robyn has him two days a week and she is on board with us . NO MORE TELEVISION. One show per day. I'm dedicated to making Aiden stay active doing things that will help his brain, NOT ROT IT!!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm completely laughing about the "rot your brain" comment. I use that SO MUCH with Michael that he told me last weekend that Josh's and Nick's brains were rotting because they took such long naps. Lol. Hang in there with the limited TV, but don't feel too guilty if you cave every now and then. : )