Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our blossoming little boy!

Aiden is changing so rapidly every day. It's really an amazing thing to watch!

He's becoming more and more independent and wants to be a BIG boy (and with this there are some downsides too). The other day we sat down to eat breakfast and I handed him his bowl of cereal with his little spoon. The second he saw it he began to throw a fit. At first I was totally thrown off by his behavior. Why was he acting like this? Then he started to say "bisp" over and over again. I didn't know what he was saying which was VERY VERY frustrating. Then finally it dawned on me..he was asking for a BIG SPOON. I handed him one and he was as happy as can be!

He's talking more and using more words to form little sentences. He says things like "Hey mommy catch" and "come on daddy". He completely understands you when you are talking to him and he's a bit of a manipulator too. At night we go upstairs, take a bath, get dressed, listen to some music and read books. Lately, he doesn't want to go to bed (that's a whole other post), so he will ask you over and over again to read more books. When I let him down off my lap to pick a new book, he's easily distracted with other things in his room. He'll wander over to his aquarium and talk to his fish. He'll conveniently need to go potty, and sometimes he'll just sit in front of his books pondering over which one to read. This can sometimes take up to ten minutes to pick ONE BOOK! He's playing mommy...and some days I give in because I'm so tired that it actually feels good to rock in his chair by myself, and then others I protest immediately.

He's growing up before our very eyes and sometimes just thinking about it makes me tear up! He's no longer a baby...but our blossoming little boy!

No comments: