Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nesting, Cleaning and Purging...OH MY!!

I can't control it..it's completely taken over me. The nesting, OH the nesting.

If I could I would throw the entire house away and start new.

I'd organized each room with little plastic bins and labels. OBVIOUSLY I can't do this so I have began the run of each room individually. The hall closet, then Aiden's room and his closet of exploded clothing.

Today, it was the never ending mess of totes filled to the brim with old fat me clothes and maternity clothes that I have been avoiding. I seriously had 5 HUGE totes in my room and a mound of clothes on my bed the size of Texas. I went through each item and placed it in the appropriate pile. One for the salvation army, one for fat clothes that I want to hold onto a litlte while longer, and of course, one for the skinny me clothes that I just don't fit due to being preggo. The whole process went smoother than I had anticipated and THREE hours later, I had everything folded, vacumme bagged, and put away! I hadn't planned on conquering this task today, however since my cabinet that I was going to put together for the bathroom came with a broken window pane, I had to find another project to complete (for some reason I just can't relax on a Sunday afternoon). On top of that I also managed to go through the boxes of clothes in Aiden's closet that were given to us. Those too have been separated and put away!



In the midst of doing all the sorting I managed to PURGE three bags of stuff. Ah, the feeling I get from purging things. I love it! I used to be a pack rat, but now there's nothing better than knowing you just got rid of crap you DON'T NEED or USE!!

There is still much to do, how will I ever get it all done???

No comments: