Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!

It's been one heck of a year, 2009. While there were several good things to look back on, there were also some bad too!

To start things off, financially this year has been a disaster for many. This was the year of lay-offs. I unfortunately was part of that group. Yes, I could look at this as being the worst thing that happened to me this year, however that's not how I see it at all! I actually view it as being the BEST thing that could have happened! I own my own business now...and that includes making my own hours and spending more time with my family! Yes, it also means less money, but you know what? I DON'T CARE! I would rather struggle a little and have the life I have now, than the one I had before. AND on a side note, my business is booming so one day, I will get back to where I was financially but until then, I'm going to enjoy every minute with my beautiful son and wonderful husband!

Secondly, I am blessed to have a wonderful family to come home to everyday. I have a husband who puts his life on the line everyday for others and I look up to him for that. I have a healthy little boy who makes me smile everyday. I am also fortunate to be expecting another little one in May. A GIRL!! That's right! Callas baby number two is heading our way and we couldn't be happier about it!

So, yes there were some bad things that happened this year, but the good far outweigh them! I look back on 2009 with an open heart and welcome 2010 with open arms! Good things are going to happen for the Callas Family this year, I can feel it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Oh, and by the way, we had a great evening with our neighbors! All the kids stayed up WAY TOO LATE and we sat around catching up, eating goood food and I even enjoyed a tiny glass of champagne. I managed to stay up until the ball dropped (suprisingly) and was asleep quickly thereafter!

No comments: