Monday, August 4, 2008

Relaxing Weekend

We didn't do much this weekend. Luke, Aiden and I hung out on Friday night. Aiden is sitting up so well on his own now. We played on the living room floor for a long time.

Saturday the three of us got up early and headed out to do some shopping. We were going to go to the pool but the storms put a damper on things (no pun intented). On a side note...thunderstorms don't normally bother me, but the one that came through early Saturday morning did...I haven't seen lightning or heard thunder THAT LOUD in forever. Poor Kenzie had wedged himself so close between Luke and the headboard that he got stuck. Any way, back to Saturday. We went out to Costco and Luke even agreed to go grocery shopping with me. These trips usually end in an argument of some sort but this trip went pretty smoothly. it also helps that Aiden is so good in public. We went out to lunch and I decided to try out the high chair. Aid did really well with it. I had to prop a blanket in behind him but he sat there like a little champ while Luke and I enjoyed our lunch. Luke's mom came over that evening and watched the baby for a little while so we could meet some friends of Luke's for drinks. (Robyn got some REALLY FUNNY pics of Aiden that I will post later) We weren't out too long but we had a really good time.

Sunday I got to finally clean my house!!! I can't stand clutter and things were starting to clutter up the house. I had some things to take back to Jess for the baby that were piling up and I was finally able to get them back to her. Danielle and Teaghan came over in the afternoon and we hung out for a while. They stayed for dinner and Danielle got to help me give Aiden a bath which is becoming more and more fun every time. I bought one of those chairs that clip to the side of the tub so that he can sit up on his own and I don't have to hold on to him every second. He LOVES it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a productive weekend! I hit up Costco on Saturday too - that place was nuts!!!

Looking forward to the pics :)

Amy

katie k-h said...

What a great weekend! Anytime I can get my house in order, I'm happy! Especially, if I can de-clutter. Babies take up soooo much space don't they??? And, they're so itty bitty!! = )

Hope you're having a great week. You'll have to take Aiden to the fair one day next week.

Love,

katie