Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Time with Grammy

My mom is in town to visit and Aiden has been having a blast with his Grammy. She got into town on Thursday and went to pick him up from daycare . When Aiden got his first glimpse of her, she said his eyes lit up and he got this huge smile on his face. Keep in mind, he hasn't seen her since he was a month old so he is either recognizing her from the photo I show him everyday or he thought she was me. Either way, he was ecstatic to see her!! I have been splitting the days with Danielle so that we both get some good mom time but man I do miss her. For those of you that don't know, she moved to Alabama about 7 years ago. She loves it there, but I wish she was closer. I want Aiden to know what a wonderful person his Grammy is. She did a hell of a job raising us and I can only hope that I raise him half that good. It has been wonderful seeing the interaction between the two of them. They spent some time on Saturday reading together and I got some good pictures.



Sunday we took Aid to the pool for his first real swim. It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend but not the greatest for a little itty bitty in the swimming pool. He cried for most of it so we are going to try again this weekend.

Mom, Luke and I are going to take Aiden to the CC fair this evening. I'm sure he'll love the animals and all the bright lights and loud sounds! I may even ride a ride or two..we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special time! I can't imagine being that far away from my mom when I have kids, but it is awesome that she is able to stay for so long. I love the way the top picture is showing their interaction - it's just so sweet.

Have fun at the fair!

Amy

ROBYN said...

The pictures are so cute! I am so glad you and Aiden are getting to spend some much needed time with mom. Hope you have a great time at the fair.