Friday, August 15, 2008

Seasoned Love

Luke and I met some friends out for dinner last night and while we were sitting at the bar waiting for our table I noticed this lovely older couple (by older I mean like 70+) sitting next to me. The bartender approached and asked if they would like to order something while they waited for their table. The gentleman replied "No, we aren't waiting for a table, we are just out for our weekly date night to enjoy some drinks." I couldn't tell if they were married but either way, it was the cutest thing ever. I hope that when Luke and I are that old, we still have date night too!!

2 comments:

ROBYN said...

What an example of keeping the romance alive by making a special time for each other. You and Luke are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story - thank you for sharing...I am always so touched when I see an older couple out that seems so happy still...it is wonderful! Thoughts become things sugar!!!

Love
Amy