Friday, June 5, 2009

Tummy Slide

It's crazy that there are so many things to consider once your child really begins to move around. For example, in our house we have what seems like the STEEPEST and LONGEST set of stairs. Aiden just about gives me a heart attack every time he gets anywhere near the top of them. Unfortunatly, the stairs are his favorite place in the WHOLE ENTIRE HOUSE to play..AAARRRGG!

We keep them gated but he's starting to get strong and he's pulling them down.

ANYWAYS...

I began teaching him the proper way to handle the top of the stairs. I showed him that instead of going forward and trying to take a step down, he's to turn around, get on his knees and back up onto the stairs and go down them backwards on his knees. Surprisingly, he's grasped the concept really well. However, insead of going down the stairs one by one, he stretches his legs out behind him and slides down backwards on his tummy. I'm shocked that by now he doesn't have the worst rug burn on his belly.

It's really funny to watch. I'm still trying to get a shot of him in motion but it's proven to be really difficult because by the time I get my camera, he's down the whole staircase already...fast little buggar!!

Once I do get a shot...I'll be sure to share!! Until then, here are few of Aiden watching his FAVORITE SHOW in the entire world...YO GABBA GABBA...it's a weird one but he loves it!!
His hair is really getting long and curly!!

He's really concentration on something (BTW...this is how he uses the potty too..hehe)

No comments: