Thursday, December 24, 2009

December Catch-up

Where did this month go. Here it is Christmas Eve and it felt like my birthday was yesterday. (Time, please SLOW down)!

I made a pact with myself this year that I would try to do as many seasonal things as I could with Aiden and I believe that my goal has been accomplished. Our tree went up super early this year! Aiden just loves it. Each morning he wakes up, runs out into the hall way and points down the stairs yelling 'tree' (in the cute little way that he does). When we come downstairs, he makes sure that all the lighs are on. We have a little Charlie Brown tree in the back of the house and he goes over and plugs it in along with the lights that drape the mantle. This same routine occurs in the evening as well, when he realizes that it's getting dark outside.

We have been very good about getting out around town and taking part in all the festivities of the season. Last month we took Aiden to see the parade in downtown Winchester and the lighting of the tree. And ff course we have now seen Santa about five times and each has ended in disaster (and by disaster I mean meltdown of tears which ususally lands him a 'pop' i.e. candycane)!

Last week Luke and I took Aiden to Clearbrook Park for the Winter Wonderland of lights. I was pleasantly suprised about how great it looked. We decided to go on one of the coldest nights of the year (go figure) but we still managed to have a great time. Aiden was in awe of everything (that's until we went to see Santa again in his cabin...MELTDOWN). Santa aside, I think he had a great time.

I have been doing so much baking and crafting this year. After some not so good luck in the beginning at bread baking, I think I have finally mastered it (it really doenst make any sense, as I have been making bread for years and have NEVER had this many problems). In addition to my breads I have branched out and conquered fudge (cookies and cream and it's DELISH) and a number of other goodes have been added to my repertoire this year!

I have also made all of my christmas gifts this year (well not Aiden's gifts of course, but the ones for extended family). Someone suggested I make blown egg ornaments as gifts so I decided to give it a try. Now for those of you who don't know, I am creatively challenged. I must say though, they turned out pretty good (I'll post pics later). They definitly look like a beginner's work but it's the thought that counts right??

'Tis the season!! I LOVE IT!

OH YEAH...here's an update on our little seed:

Aiden is talking so much these days. His vocabulary expands each day and it's incredible to watch. The other day he looked at me and said 'hey catch mommy' as he launched a large ball at my head. A sentence...well almost right? I screeched with glee! My little man is growing up.

Potty training has been put on the back burner for now. His interest has diminished, as there are WAY too many other things to be doing these days (pulling the Christmas tree ornamants down, playing with all the decoreations aroudn the house, dancing to Christmas music). He could careless about using the 'big boy' potty!

We are trying to get him to understand about the baby in mommy's belly. When asked what's in my belly he says baby and he gives her kisses every night (so CUTE). I'm sure he doesn't understand what's going on, but he will in 5 months!!

Lastly...what about that huge blizzard last weekend?? Aiden couldn't get enough of the snow. We were a little unprepared. We didn't have proper boots (we had rain boots) and what's up with the little people gloves?? They are all fleece and DON'T keep hands warm OR dry! We had to rig up some winter gear. It was pretty funny. Aiden had sandwich bags tied around his gloves and we had two pairs of socks on each foot covered wtih plastic bags stuffed inside his boots (don't laugh people...IT WORKED)!! We stayed outside for hours playing in the snow. Of course, once again this horrible mommy forgot her camera and didn't get any photos (hanging my head in shame). I really need to get better at that!

All bundled up for the big snow!
Daddy and Aiden decided to be funny!

Our little giver...he's learing early!

Merry Christmas Eve!!!!

No comments: