Thursday, December 10, 2009

One little monkey jumping on the bed....


...he fell off and bumped his head.

YEAH...this was Aiden today. He was a BIG MONKEY.

For some reason, one day Luke and I thought it would be a great idea to let Aiden jump on the bed. It began when he started trying to jump on solid ground so we thought it would help him to grasp the idea if he were on a bouncy surface (we are obviously kicking ourselves now, but we were trying to help). We watch him very closely of course and allow him to bounce only for a short time.

This morning Aiden and I were hanging out in my room (well he was watching his show and I was folding clothes) and he wanted up on the bed. He was engrossed in his show so I assumed (and you know what that does) that he would sit down and continue to watch his show. Well once again mommy was WRONG! I bent down to grab the next article of clothing to be folded out of the basket and when I looked up I saw legs up and a little body flying through the air. Aiden had bounced himself backwards right off the bed. LUCKILY he had landed about a foot from the nightstand and on top of a BIG pile of pillows.

Momma didn't have to call the doctor this time and believe me....THERE WON'T BE A NEXT!!!

No comments: