Friday, December 4, 2009

FINALLY, some movement

I can't even begin to name all the things that are different about this pregnancy. For one, I was sick as a dog this go round for most of the first trimester. With Aiden, I recall two days where I felt a little sick for maybe an hour each day. With this pregnancy, I'm so tired, STILL. I'm not used to being tired. I"m a go go go type of person. I am constantly doing something, even around the house, it's rare for me to just sit in front of the TV (ok, well I do spend a lot of time on my computer, but usually its because I'm working). I've been exhausted for most of the time and it's really beginning to annoy me!

More recently I've been waiting for the movement to begin. I felt Aiden at week 14, which is very early to feel it, but I can remember it like it was yesterday. Here it is week 17 (almost 18) and I still hadn't felt anything. I was beginning to get a little worried. We haven't been back to the dr in 5 weeks (she scheduled it that way so we wouldn't have to come in for two separate visits to see the ultrasound doctor), and I didn't rent a heartrate monitor like I did with Aiden. So as you can imagine, I've been a little nervous about the well being of our little peanut.

Then, FINALLY on Monday I felt the little thumping against my insides. WHEW! I love love love feeling the baby move. I have felt him/her everyday this week!!! Most of the time I can feel the movement at night (which is how it was with Aiden in the beginning).

Aiden kicked the crap out of me in the second half of my pregnancy. he was a mover, that's for sure (which is still the case, as I can barely keep up with him when he's funning full speed ahead). I woudn't mind at all if this child were a lazy one in the womb, as long as he/she reminds me occasionally that they are in there!

Oh, BTW, we find out the sex of the baby on Monday. I'm bracing for the word "BOY" but we are really hoping for a girl!! Of course we will be happy no matter what!!

I'll keep you posted.....

No comments: