Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Hump Day to Me!!

NOT...

It has been a day of tantrems from my wonderful baby boy...

First it was the tantrem in the morning because mommy took a bite of his blueberry waffle (when did my little boy care about such things)?

Then after his nap I decided that it would be a good time to go grocery shopping. I knew I only had a little bit of time before lunch so I hurried. Well about ten minutes into the trip tantrem number two began. He wanted to get down, so in the quiet isle I let him run. BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE. As soon as I tried to put him back in the cart the screaming began (and it didn't end until we were almost home).
SIDE NOTE: I hate to admit that I used to be that person who would look at the parents of out of control children and wish they would just 'shut their kid up' but now I take all that back. I totally know how they felt...wondering who was
looking at them and thinking that same thing. It's really out of your hands to a
certain extent. Hopefully this 'tantrem' stage will go by fast, but I have a feeling it's gonna be with us for a while!!


Tantrem number three happened at lunch. Again, mommy was trying to show Aiden how to take a bite of his peanut butter cracker and he was not having that. The peanut butter cracker went flying and screaming resumed. I had to give him a new cracker to eat (BTW, he pulls the sides apart and licks the peanut butter off first...how cute).

Tantrem number four happened at the playground when mommy tried to take away a cup that belonged to another child.

And finally the afternoon tantrem (YES that makes NUMBER FIVE). This one happened because mommy yelled at the little bugger because he decided to fill an entire cuppy with water from the dispenser on the fridge and then thought it would be a good idea to dump it all over himself and the kitchen loor. Again I ask, since when did he become smart AND tall enough to do such a thing??

The evening was pretty uneventful (THANK GOODNESS)!!! Luke's on nights this week so Aiden and I get lots of time to hang out together. He ate really well at dinner. We attempted to take a bath but due the the storm we opted against it. Now he's upstairs sleeping peacefully and I have a quiet TANTREM FREE house!!

I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us!

A HAPPIER (AND QUIETER) AIDEN THIS EVENING WITH HIS NEW TOY


2 comments:

katie k-h said...

He is so smart, Noelle!! Isn't it crazy how much they watch things we do??

Welcome to the club!!! A screaming kid in a store is not fun at all!!! And it doesn't end for quite some time, I'm afraid to tell you... : ) Michael can still throw a good fit.

Sarah said...

I know this will probably come back to bite me, but I was laughing as I read through this post. I WAS NOT laughing at Aiden's screaming fits, but just the way you told the stories. I can just see the peanut butter cracker flying across the room.
I'm sure my time is just around the corner. Chandler already squeezes his little fists together until his face gets red when he is frustrated. :)