Friday, June 12, 2009

Picnic at the Park

My lil' sis Danielle has been trying to get me to come to the park and motivate her to walk and get some exercise. Yesterday we finally got the chance to meet up! We packed up the kiddies and the strollers and we headed to Jim Barnette for some exercise and fun.

We walked around the park while Aiden and Teagahn chatted it up. The humidity killed though. Good thing is was cloudy because had the sun been out we would have been drenched. Once we were done walking we took the kids to the playground.

Aiden has really come a long way on the playground. JBP has a great one for smaller children. Round and round we went....up the ramp...down the slide...up the ramp...down the slide. After about 100 rounds of this Aiden decided that it was time to swing. For those who have never been to JBP...they have the COOLEST swings. The are these big chairs and they seem very comfortable for the kids to sit in and enjoy the ride. Aiden was pretty content for a while. So much in fact that, when it was time to go, he threw ANOTHER tantrem (HAHA).

By this time it was almost noon and Dan and I were getting hungry. She recommended salads from Martins (YUM!). We went and picked our salads and some goodies for the kids and headed back to the park for a picnic lunch. We had a really great time. I love that she's living here and that A and T will grow to be so close. They love each other so much already, you can tell. I cherish this time that I get to spend with my little sister as well! She's a wonderful mother!

I can't wait for all the times to come that we will get to hang out again!!

BTW: I really need to get better at taking my camera with me....I forgot it AGAIN so I didn't get any pictures (AARRRGG)!

No comments: